People are often seen sipping on herbal tea because it is far more beneficial for the body. With the right ingredients and methods, one can actually gain a lot of health benefits from drinking tea. With a bit of change in lifestyle and a cup of homemade tea every day, one can actually observe a difference in their body. There are several varieties to select flavors. Herbal Tea comes under the list of beverages with healing properties, aroma, and taste. This tea is cooked by adding different plants in water, that is served as per preference hot or cold.
Nutritional Value of Herbal Tea
All the herbal tea has a huge nutritional value. Let’s see the nutritional value of 1 mug of herbal tea,
- It contains monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat up to 0.012g and 0.002g.
- It contains saturated fat 0.005g which is nearly 0%.
- Sodium and Potassium found are 2mg and 21mg.
- It contains Vitamins A and C.
- Does not contain dietary fiber and sugars.
Health Benefits of Herbal Tea
1. Good for Cough and Cold
Herbal tea is actually good for cough and cold. Drinking a cup of herbal tea when you are having this issue will make you feel relief. Herbal tea helps to heal coughs and colds. It reduces the decongestion in the nasal cavity and cures colds and throat soreness. Some herbal tea good for coughs and colds are Licorice Tea, Clove Tea, and Ginger Tea.
2. It Shows Anti-inflammatory Effects
The herbal teas have anti-inflammatory properties also that can relieve rheumatic aches caused due to widening of blood vessels. Patients suffering from arthritis can drink ginger herbal tea to fight against inflammation.
3. Help to Fight Against Infection
In a study, it has been found that ginger has anti-fungal qualities, and it can fight against infections, especially yeast infections. Drinking ginger herbal tea will be a good option for early-stage infection. Ginger herbal tea also has anti-microbial potential. Reduce infection due to microbial growth by the tea.
4. For Stress and Anxiety Issues
The ultra-properties of herbal teas help to relieve stress. It also works as an anti-depressant in many cases. Herbal teas release chemicals in the brain that fight stress and depression. It also calms the mind. Chamomile tea is best known for its relaxing property.
5. Helps Boost Iron in the Body
Herbal teas contain a good amount of iron, calcium, essential minerals, and silica. It can be best to boost mineral deficiency. A regular cup of Nettle Tea is good for healthy teeth, healthy bones, hair, and nails.
6. Revive Tissue Cells
Herbal Tea can help cells revive, rejuvenate or renew as well as grow. As it is high in anti-oxidant properties, it prevents cell damage. Eventually, it makes the tissues of the body stronger. In a study, it has also been found that herbal tea is good for lowering the aging process.
Home Remedies Using Tea
- Using tea water can conditions as well as give shine to hair.
- Tannins a property that contains in tea, become a natural skin toner and help in acne.
- Dry tea leaves absorb odors, you can leave a few bags in the shoes, fridge, pocketbooks, and cars.
- Strong tea left in cooking pots overnight, will help in removing burns and stains.